Friday, December 18, 2015

A Bead Break: Knit and Crochet Projects

It's that time again. About a month ago, my friend called me up asking me what I was up to. Usually I'll say something about beading, but this time I responded, "Crocheting." She said, "You know you do this about this time every year, right?" And I guess I do. I put down the beads for a couple of months towards the end
and beginning of the year and by February/March, I'm back full speed.

It's probably the weather change that has me reaching for the yarn. I've found some fun projects that I am actually COMPLETING  (believe it or not). Of course through, there are those that I am taking my sweet time on.


The first project is a pair of sweater boots that I am planning on doing a short tutorial for the top section, separate from this post. The original pattern is the Sexy Slouch Boots by Pattie Notestine. I bought the pattern last year, but never got around to starting them. This year, I got on a kick about having to have sweater boots and actually made it happen.

I started with the slouch top, but because of the yarn I chose, it didn't want to slouch properly. I frogged the top section and started again. I found photos of a wrap boot that I absolutely adored on Haute-Hook's Blog, but no pattern.

I went with a double strand, single crochet all through the boot. I love how they turned out. Now to find something to wear them with...




The second project is my first knitted sweater!! I am excited howAshley Lillis's Basic Raglan Summer Sweater Knitting Pattern. The sweater worked up fairly quickly using a size 13 needle and double strands of yard, It's a tad bulky in the back but I'd rather it be a little big than too tight and unwearable. It kind of works out for this winter. The weather has been pretty mild with no forecast of anything different in the near future.
well this turned out. This free pattern is

I was a little hesitant with the twisted rib stitch on the bottom edges, but once I started working with it, I absolutely fell in love with it.






Last but not least is my forever-ongoing crochet Carpenter Wheel blanket that I've been working on for over a year now. I'm down to 28 squares left to crochet. You can find the design here; just scroll down the page.  Carpenter Wheel design.
I edited the design in GIMP and tried different color ways and combinations until it was the way I wanted, then printed it off.


The free crochet pattern is Signed With An Owl's Granny Arrow's tutorial combined with Red Heart's Crochet Cable Squares pattern. I thought the cables would give it an interesting texture.





These are just a couple of the many projects I have going on, and working to finish up. Does anyone else ever need a bead break?



Follow me on Facebook and Instagram for updates!
Connect with me

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Subscribe